Saving money is no easy feat this time of year. But it IS possible.
These tips can help you save some green(in more ways than one, since some are also environmentally friendly!).
- Get creative to minimize or eliminate pricey wrapping paper without losing he festive touch:
- Adorn a gift with only a ribbon or bow
- Wrap with the sunday funnies
- Make your own wrapping paper using scrap material, glitter, foil -whatever strickes your fancy.
- Let part of the gift act as wrapping – a scarf instead of ribbon, a holiday dishtowel instead of wrapping paper, or an attractive basket, tin ot toe in place of a gift box.
Give from the heart
Presents don’t have to be costly to be values. giving of yourself is one of the best gifts of all. Consider offering a night of free babysitting to the friend who needs a grown-up night on the town. Give your beloved set of homemade coupons for massages by you. Give your youngster a personal gift certificate for one hour of your full attention and uninterrupted playtime. Of make gifts that play to your own special skills, whether thats baking, making crafts or taking photos.
Fuel up for less
Save gas this season without losing a shopping beat. Just buy online or via mail order. If you need to do shopping in person, plan your route to consolidate trips and minimize destinations. You’ll travel fewer miles, use less gas and even same time – another short commodity this time of year!
Thanks for the tips countrywide!